Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Soundtracks of my Life – Bruce Springsteen

I listened to these songs, over and over again. Music had always been a part of my heart and soul; before this there was Elton John, Bob Dylan, Simon and Garfunkel, Billy Joel, the Beatles...but when I listened to Bruce Springsteen I felt a sense of freedom. I felt that it was alright to express yourself without having the poetry of Dylan. To express yourself by spitting it out there for the world to hear. The dream of finding the girl who may not be "The One," but is the one; having her jump into your beat up Chevy and heading to where the "Highway is alive" to "wash the sands off of our hands." The sins of allowing ourselves to be caught and imprisoned in a reality built by walking dead figurines. By the ones who need to numb themselves to get through another day - beat up their wives and kids to find the manhood they had taken away. Listening to Bruce I lost my virginity; I lost my sense of blind trust and I questioned everything from God to the existence of life on Mars.

No comments: