Wednesday, December 05, 2018

He walks down Madison avenue towards 34th street and stops at the Morgan Library. Walking out he feels the wind blowing in and the clouds above are darkening the city. He walks and makes a right turn on 34th and heads towards the 34th Street train station. As he is walking he notices a very pretty woman walking towards him from the opposite way. He looks a little closer and see’s its the actress Megan Flynn. He smiles at her and says hello as if he has not seen her in ages. “Flynn, where you off to?” He says. “I am sorry do I know you?” She asks him with a sense of unease. “I was one of the writers on the film ‘Stars’ and we had coffee together a couple of times. Freddy?” “Oh my god, yes, you grew a beard?” “Oh yeah, I forgot I had this on – I am going to be acting in an adaptation of my book, “The Professional Clown,” and I wanted to grow a beard for a part of the film.” “That sounds amazing.” “Hey you want to grab a drink or a bite?” “I was going back to my hotel, but, why not?” He smiled and said, “I know the perfect place.” He brought her to an Italian restaurant and ordered a bottle of red wine. It was 3 o’clock in the afternoon, a week away from Christmas so both of their schedules were clear. The restaurant was set up to look like a dimly lit cave somewhere – so there were candles on their table and they were in the back of the room within an encircled section. “So tell me about yourself, I am sorry I don’t remember much from the shoot, its all a blur to me it was so exhausting.” She said. “Well, I am a Jewish boy from Brooklyn-” #shortstory #blonde #jewishwriter #brooklynInstagram


No comments: