Sunday, December 23, 2018

I watch the day pass from a cafe across from a carnival fountain. I watch as children run around and around, as lovers are grasping onto each others hands as if trying to hold onto this place and time forever,  this moment in time, where love and excitement are all that matters. . I watch as people run past in an automatic motion. Staring into their cell phones as if the answers to all of life's mysteries are being explained one by one. I walk past Colin street in this deserted town, nothing other than ghosts and faded colors to celebrate me home…a home from another place in time... An open path leading towards a mysterious enclave, filled with old soldiers and empty stools cast against a shelf. The server tries to make a strong beverage with a cool first name. Soldiers just shake, moan and propose a toast to an acronym that now defines them. I get up from my stool and walk out the door, I head towards the cafe, across the carnival fountain, where the children play and life is simple and simply lived. No disastrous yesterday's that have destroyed our today's and tomorrows, no Sunday night blues which scare away any sense of optimism. Carnival fountain, a fountain of youth to drown our emotional turbulences. It's a simple magic carpet ride to the lips which will lead to forever and immortality… a story, a tale, a anecdote or perhaps a truth? Ramblings, take my hand. Memories, teach me what I have forgotten. Love, heal me with your touch… I am cold, I am cold… I watch the day pass, just another day... #instapoetry #instapoet #poetry #love #cold #warmInstagram


No comments: