Sunday, July 15, 2018

I missed the parade… Where are the balloons, flying high in the sky? The people cheering, the confetti falling and the sounds of music? I had been promised cotton candy and giant lollipops, popcorn and hot dogs, soda of each and every kind… Long legged ladies and handsome dressed men, marching, dancing and singing in celebration. I missed the parade… Where are the marching bands? Where are the big balloons? Where has the sound of the people cheering, the music playing and the fireworks gone? I was told there would be cotton candy, long legged ladies and the sounds of celebrations… I am standing here on an empty street wondering if I might have picked the wrong day, time or place. Wasn't there cause for celebration? Fireworks lighting up the sky? Wasn't there supposed to be a parade? I walk alone and I catch a glimpse of a shooting star across the sky. There are fireflies blinking and the sounds of crickets, cicadas and snoring ducks on the lake. The smell of the wood burning somewhere and the distance memories of a celebration held a long time ago. Ghosts in the dark, laughter and slow dancing. A band playing and the countdown towards a new beginning, a commencement with pomp and circumstance...ghosts in the darkness, I can imagine the celebrations… I missed the parade… #mondaymood #poemoftheday #parade #ghostsinthenightInstagram


No comments: