Monday, June 03, 2019

From "Life of Salesman Owned no more" buy it! The breaking point "All of us, ladies and gentlemen are slaves to the government, slaves to our bosses and slaves to our basic human needs. We are owned! We are owned by the simple fact that we want to have a better life! A better life! So, you get to work before nine so the boss doesn't throw it in your face that you come in late. You work until after six so the boss doesn't say, 'you have banker’s hours?' You eat by your desk because you have to follow the lemmings who do the same, the other slaves in the cubicle prison. We are recorded, followed, monitored and critiqued. We are docked, fired, suspended without pay and treated as inferior if we don't blow the bosses in the fishbowl for all to see. We are ostracized, immobilized and dehumanized because we use the bathroom too many times or walk to get a cup of coffee and stop to say a few words to a co-worker or co-inhabitant of the insane asylum we knowingly attend and dedicate our time to." I could see smartphones videoing me and I realized that this might cause a problem. "Well, I don't know about you all - but I am sick and tired of being owned." I sat in my car and heard the strangest sound. A chant had begun, "You don't own me," over and over again. As I closed the door to my car someone came to my window. "What's your name?" "My name? Howard Beale." I said with a smile. By the time I got home my daughter came over to me crying. "I was worried for you, are you ok?" "Why were you worried for me?" "It's all over the internet Daddy." "What is?" Read more! #keepwriting #writingpoetry #writinggoals #writingabook #writingcommunityofinstagram #writingskills #writingworkshop #ownednomore #lifeofasalesman #FreddyzaltaInstagram


No comments: