Thursday, June 06, 2019

Waiting, been waiting by the bus stop to take me home. My belly is empty, my pockets are too… all I could think about is getting home to you. The well is so dry, you could start a fire inside… The rivers that surround us are overflowing, some folks are praying for the rain to stop. I'm just walking in circles trying to catch even one raindrop… My belly is empty and the trees around me are bare. The sun is shining but it's cold as hell down here. What else can I pray for but for some answers to arrive? At least through it all, I have love by my side. Waiting, been waiting for this train to arrive. To take me somewhere, anywhere, so I can see what's outside. My belly is empty but my heart is full, what else do I need in a world so heartless and cruel? #poetry #poems #poem #poetsofinstagram #poetofinstagram #prosebyme #mypoem #freddyzalta #writing #writingcommunity  #igwriters #igwriter #original #originalpoem #originalprose #poetsociety #writersofinstagram #writer #author #adviceInstagram


No comments: