Friday, January 11, 2019

I've been too long on this platform, waiting for a train that will never come; its been over 20 years since I last walked with you - its been several lifetimes that have passed me by. I walk alone these days, a man in full with a heart that has been healed but is forever scarred. The clocks keep on moving forward, you can't ever go back home again. To the evenings when the crowd began to stomp their feet and the lights went down low. When the captain and the kid danced in the ring one last time for the world to see. The old man is gone and the old days are past us now - we move on and we move forward. But I still miss you old friend. Remember the night by the river, those two girls from Spain who taught us how to dance and how to drink red sangria? I caught up with one of them recently and she confirmed the fact that it actually happened. As I get older I tend to question my memories as to their legitimacy - I was happy to see her and said goodbye with a tear or two. Where has it all gone? So I ask you my friend, where did you go and why did you run? Was it the life we lived that made you feel that you no longer could go on? Was I a burden to heavy for you to share? Was it the gold in the sky that you wanted all for yourself? Was it Eve who talked you into listening to the snake which ended our walk in the park? It's all over now - it truly doesn't matter - too much pain and time has flowed - like an open vein under the warm water that once bathed us - it's all over now. #sangria #memories #fiction #human Full post on my blog check bioInstagram


No comments: