Monday, January 07, 2019

Up at dawn, grab the bottle of milk on the doorstep, pick up the newspaper and lock the door. New day, new beginnings a new moment in time. Heart out of rhythm with the clock, seem to be running too fast or to slow. The wind is cranking up outside blowing the dust and the lonely sheets of paper into mini twisters. I close the shade. It's still dawn, a new day, another chance to change things up a bit. Broken tooth in my mouth, it's ok I can live with a broken tooth. It won't effect my smile, nothing can. Sing a song, son, sing a song for the man who walks on the avenue with a pipe and a sight limp. Sing a song about the morning and how it's truly a gift, each day, each moment a gift. Here, there and everywhere. I used to blame him, I used to avoid responsibility for the actions I made. It made me feel better thinking it was someone else's doing. It's all me, it's all me. If I can pose for my winning I must personally own that I did a lot wrong. I never knew, I should've listened but somehow I thought I knew better. Failure is a painful experience and no amount of words can change the course of it's destination. Only accountability, acceptance and the ability to learn from the errors in judgment can set free or ease the burden of the past. It's not dawn anymore, coffee is done and there's nothing but death and posturing in the paper. It's a new month, time to thank my higher power for the chances I've been given. #monday #instarevelations #owningit #life #dawn #twitterInstagram


No comments: