Thursday, March 21, 2019

As I wake up before the sunrise to tap the keys on my Chromebook, I see myself as a gentleman in a salon, dressed up and handsome. Then I stand up and see my reflection in the mirror. Messed up hair, hoodie, glasses and wondering if I am wasting my time to create what no one will read? I then walk past the mirror and envision myself as I want to be. A man on a mission to finish this novella before it's too late. I feel guilty if I do other things rather than work on this story. But I need to clear my head so I do. So I give myself permission. I also write poems and essays and post them on my Blog and social media. This gives me some desperately reactions. Being a writer is like singing to an empty arena and wanting a response from a non existent audience. That's ok because truly you write because you want to and need to. So you'll stand on that stage in isolation and create worlds that are born within your mind. People and conversations that have never existed or taken place. It's all in your control as you type the story, you are the creator of these mini worlds. In a hoodie, unshaven, glasses and in need of a shower. *Photo by Granger #keepwriting #writing #writinggoals #writingabook #writingcommunityofinstagram #writingskills #authorInstagram


No comments: