Thursday, March 07, 2019

Six years ago today I went to see the doctor because I was convinced I was getting an ulcer. Thankfully I have an intelligent and inquisitive doctor. He took one look at me and ran a couple of EKGs. He then sent me to the Maimonides Medical Center emergency room. I was given some tests and told I would need to have open heart surgery. I remember laying there and thinking, "God, take over because I cannot deal with this." I don't remember much from the night before the surgery. All I know is my surgeon postponed a weekend skiing trip with his grandchildren to operate on me that Friday. What I do remember is my wife following me as the orderly pulled me on the gurney or whatever they call it. She told me that the guys name was Hashem. We both laughed. Six years later I am thankful for each moment. Positive for each thrust of negativity that tried to knock me down and totally aware that I was spared for reasons I still have no f&$+ing clue on. It'll come to me... Love you all. Love you most, but you know that already. Happy rebirth day to me. *****Please see your doctor regularly to avoid being too late***** #heartsurgery #quadruplebypass #grateful #live42day #embracelife #embracelove #embrace #freddyzaltaInstagram


No comments: