Friday, March 15, 2019

In the faded colors of a postcard from long ago, I could see shadows cast across the colors which are faded just as my memory of our love. We remember the colors of the leaves as bright shiny and alive. We forget at the colors came about by the dying of the leaves. As I walk through the garden, the colors do not seem as bright as I once dream them to be. As I breathe in the aroma, the scent is not how I once dreamed it to be. When you saw me last night you smiled. A smile that once broke my heart, a smile who's beauty, to me, has faded like the beauty of the leaves that once fell upon the streets. We say goodbye, but a piece of us, will never truly be apart. Time is constant and love is forever, even when it fades away. So I'll dream of your kisses, our arms locked forever in an embrace. Your eyes filled with tears of love and your voice speaking to me softly. "Forever" has a different meaning than we once believed. But the emotionally charged love we once, if only briefly shared, will never fade away. So I'll see you in the shadows of the moonlight and in the loose petals strewn on the ground. I'll smile and the memory of our lost love, will be found. #remember #love #poetryisnotdead #spilledwords #abuse #anxiety #instapoetry #instapoets #instapoem #igpoet #igpoetry #poetry #poet #poetrycommunity #writerscommunity #writingcommunity #freddyzalta #poetsofinstagram #poetryofinstagramInstagram


No comments: