Tuesday, March 26, 2019

This is from @therealhadassa who posted that video of her teaching her daughter to not panic. Truly inspirational. So the little story I shared with you guys exploded overnight, and people have reacted in many many ways to the video. they have complemented my mothering skills, and they shouldn’t cause I have no idea what I’m doing. They have sent me prayers and warm thoughts, and that has meant more than anyone can ever imagine. And they’ve expressed anger, anger for all of us who have to deal with the weather forecast predicting rockets, and more of our Israeli young men being sent over the border. I want to tell you all that I don’t feel anger. I don’t even feel angry towards Hamas, because I see them as a tantruming two-year-old who has some tin rockets, that stand no chance against my God‘s protection and my armies intelligence. I feel angry when things don’t go my way and I have no control. Last night and in the coming days, I have all of the control in the world. I have a clear mind, and a calm daughter. If we have to head to a shelter I want to promise her one thing. there will be no panic, there will be no fear. There will definitely be no anger. The video right now is here to show the Jewish world our humanity, and the psychological complexity of navigating my today with a two-year-old daughter. I want to raise awareness in the Jewish community so you really understand what it’s like. I’m not fearing for my daughters life right now, I’m fearing for a trauma I never want her to develop. I think that often the Jewish people don’t realize what our other brothers and sisters are going through. I’m just trying to create an awareness to what it’s like being a Jew in southern Israel right now. I would so love it if you were translate that into compassion and caring for your Jewish people. Please don’t translate it into anger and hate. That’s Hamas that’s not us. We are the people who protect our children and our own before ourselves. We don’t use hate or anger, that is their poison. Ours is love and acceptance feeling the other Jew as if they were ourselves. Thank you again for every single message. And Here’s to Shalom in the holy land.Instagram


No comments: